What is Heathrow West?
We are proposing a new terminal to the west of Terminal 5 that would provide increased passenger capacity of between 45 and 50 million passengers per year. It will also support at least an additional 260,000 air transport movements per year to be provided by the Northwest Runway.
In order to deliver a world class terminal, our proposals include:
- The expansion of the existing airfield, including taxiways to service the new Northwest Runway, and aprons and stands for the Heathrow West terminal;
- Changes to the existing roads, including alterations to Junction 14 and 14A of the M25;
- Upgrades to achieve the significant increase in the use of public transport required by the Government and facilitate proposed changes to the existing rail infrastructure;
- Changes to river alignments and enhancements to flood alleviation;
- Landscape, recreational and ecological improvements, as part of our Green Infrastructure proposals;
- Car parking (either through replacement or consolidation) and
- Ancillary facilities required to support the new terminal, including on-site energy generation