We believe that the options that we are currently developing for Heathrow West offer significant benefits, particularly when considered against the proposals that have been consulted on by Heathrow Airport Limited.
- Delivers an integrated terminal solution to achieve the hub capacity required by the ANPS, in a simpler, more efficient way;
- Creates a new sense of place for the western side of Heathrow Airport which is better connected to its local community and airport users and workers;
- Minimises land take, disruption and forced relocations for the local community;
- Maximises job opportunities for local people;
- Provides the greatest opportunity to enable the change in public transport use required by Government policy;
- Delivers a positive legacy for Heathrow Airport, its users, passengers and local communities;
- Delivers wider environmental enhancements to improve Heathrow Airport’s setting in west London and the Colne Valley; and
- Gives a choice in how terminals are delivered and operated at Heathrow.
We look forward to developing our proposals with you to ensure that these benefits are realised.